I WANT MY BRAZILIAN HAIR BACK- VALENTINE'S DAY WAHALA

  


“How are you spending the Valentine’s Day? Do you have any plans with your man?” These questions were demanded by one of the two ladies sitting in front of me in the Haatso-Accra trotro. “My man does not believe in Valentine Day’s celebration, so we don’ have any plans”. “Afia, I hope he is not planning of springing a surprise on you like what Nnamdi did last year. Men can be so unpredictable”. Oh! That your ex-boyfriend! “Mabel, what surprise did he give you last year?” “Oh Afia! Didn’t I tell you what happened to me on Valentine’s Day last year? As for Nnamdi, God will punish him!”
“Do you remember how I started dating Nnamdi, Afia?” “No Mabel, you never opened up about him to me”. “Well, Nnamdi and I met at a restaurant and he came over to sit at my table. He cracked me up with jokes. And with his witty sense of humour, we quickly exchanged numbers. Weeks later, he asked me out. Nnamdi is not handsome like any of the men that I have dated but he has an inner attractiveness so I decided to give him a chance. As if I have met my destiny changer, Nnamdi lavished me with luxurious gifts, affection and love. And the s3x was great. All my friends who told me not to date Nnamdi because he was only messing up with my emotions were silenced by the gifts and cash they were getting from him. Nnamdi was gradually living up to the cliché that, Nigeria men spend extravagantly on their Ghanaian women love interests more than their Ghanaian counterparts.”

“Afia, barely a week to Valentine’s Day, Nnamdi informed me that he had to go Port Harcourt because his father was sick. I was sad because it was supposed to be our first Valentine’s Day together as a couple. On the eve of the Valentine’s Day, Nnamdi called and we spent hours pouring our hearts to each other on the phone until I felt asleep.”

“All my friends left the hostel with their partners to celebrate the Valentine’s Day. I was lonely watching television when a call came in. “Hello Mabel, this is James. Your brother told me your boyfriend has travelled and you must be feeling lonely so I should pick you up to get some ice cream. Get dressed. I will pick you up in twenty minutes.” How thoughtful of my brother! James and my brother have been friends since when I was in diapers.”

“Afia, James and I went to East Legon to buy ice cream but we decided to stay longer to observe how some lovers are spending the day. We had fun watching lovers clad in red and white dining out, kissing, exchanging gifts and PDA (public display of affection).  While I was with James, Nnamdi had returned from Port Harcourt and was waiting angrily for me at the hostel.  Nnamdi rushed to James and accosted him as soon as we reached the hostel. He dragged James out of the car’s seat and he started a fight with him. I have never seen this nasty attitude of Nnamdi before. I tried separating them but Nnamdi pushed me very hard unto the ground. I started screaming so people started rushing to Nnamdi and James to separate them. James stormed out angrily and I knew my brother will definitely hear about it. No account of mine could calm Nnamdi down.”

“Minutes later, Nnamdi returned to my hostel with taxi. He entered my room and packed all the designer bags, lingerie, shoes, hair dryer, perfume and jewellery he had bought for me into the taxi. He further disconnected the Plasma TV, and the home theater set and he packed them also into the taxi cab and left. I was so shocked that only I could do was to wash my soul in tears.”

“I heard a knock on my door around 5:30, so I opened. It was Nnamdi. I was happy because I thought he was ready for us to talk and to apologize but the words that came out of him were “Mabel, I want my Brazilian hair back”.  Wow! Nnamdi was bent on taking back everything he has ever given to me. “Nnamdi, how can I give you back your Brazilian hair when I have fixed it on my head? “My friend, I don’t care! Do you know much it cost? It’s about $400. Just give the Brazilian hair to me and I will leave here.” I was  disgusted by his attitude  so much that I called my neighbour  to help me  remove the weaved Brazilian hair on my head. Nnamdi left peacefully after I gave him the worn pieces of the Brazilian hair and I officially closed the chapter on him. I called James to terribly apologize the next day.”

Folks, I just reached Tema station, I have to get down from the trotro now but I wish you all A  HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY.










MILLION KISSES AND HUGS!


Deli.ciouzly Yours

Akosua


Comments

Anonymous said…
its nice blog. well done mademoiselle. worth the time though!!!!!

Keith
Anonymous said…
Akosua, where do you get your stories? You always crack me up.
Emmanuel Atiemo said…
Woow
i've enjoyed evry bit of this but ders one thing akosua.
i want us to delibrate or better i want to discuss somfn with you.
will be very grateful if u can get back to me via econcept785@gmail.com or via my whatsapp line
+233(0)266332892.
My name is Emmanuel A tiemo